Exhibitions of Creative Work:
Hynes, W. Shifting Perspectives in Craft. A photo essay documenting the dichotomy of modern makerspaces – the original grassroots perspective on making as a hobby and the corporate driven perspective on making as a way of fostering intellectual property. Two makerspaces are documented in this photo essay, both in the same large Midwestern city. Agnes Jones Gallery, University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point. November 16-27, 2015.
Hynes, W. Maker: People, Places, Things. Multi-media exhibition featuring made artifacts, video and photographs documenting makerspace environments in Europe and around the United States.
- University of Oklahoma, Gallery of Gould Hall,
Norman OK., January 23-29, 2017.
- Smith-Scarabocchio Art Museum,
Stevens Point WI., March 11- April 30, 2016.
- 2018 – “Modern House Village No. 2”, Purdue University Art and Design Faculty Exhibition, Rueff Galleries
- 2017 – “Don’t Fence Me In,” Nature vs. Built Environment, juried photo exhibit, 2nd place (200+ entries), Rueff Galleries
- 2016 – “Three: the Magic Number”, Purdue University Art and Design Faculty Exhibition, Rueff Galleries
- 2014 – “It Takes a Village”, Purdue University Art and Design Faculty Exhibition, Rueff Galleries
Hynes, W. It takes a village: Vinson-Owen Elementary School. Exhibition poster showcasing the professional interior design concept and execution of the new Vinson-Owen Elementary School in Winchester, MA. Korean Institute of Interior Design (KIID) 2014 International Invitation Exhibition. Konkuk University, Seoul, South Korea. October 24-27, 2014.